Career Opportunities at BBI
Bloom Biological Inc. is an environmental consulting firm with over 40 years of experience with endangered and sensitive species in California. We are currently looking for an efficient and focused person to work in the main office assisting the president and CEO with administrative tasks and helping the accounting department with basic clerical duties. This is a great opportunity for any budding ornithologist or avian enthusiast with an interest in raptor research and Southern California. Aside from basic clerical duties there will be a heavy influence on maintaining field records, databases and 40 years of data sets on raptors.
- Organizing all correspondences that come into the main office including emails, phone calls and mail.
- Making reservations and managing administrative tasks for the main biologist. Examples Include conference registrations, field access forms, airlines and hotels.
- Entering hours, recording and archiving time sheets and receipts for any expenditures provided by the main biologist or CEO
- Filing project papers and archiving historical field data to maintain an organized and efficient office. Locating research, historical papers and data as needed for publications.
- Managing upkeep of all computers and devices including backups and system upgrades.
- Preparing and maintaining the main office for meetings and ordering necessary supplies.
- Experience in biology and conservation a plus.
- Strong proficiency in Office 365 (Excel, Outlook, SharePoint, and Word.) QuickBooks knowledge a plus.
- Familiarity with both PC’s and Mac’s. Able to problem solve simple tech issues.
- Consistent attention to detail and organization. Self-motivated and adept at working without constant direction. Ability to prioritize tasks during busy periods in the office.
- Ability to be decisive and resolve simple issues that will allow the president and CEO to focus on major projects.
- Flexibility with schedule and the capacity to manage time efficiently.
Salary will be per hour - $20.00
Three days a week / 8-hour days. with flexibility on exact days
If you are interested in applying please send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com